Investors can directly influence corporate practices and performance on climate change. Collectively and individually, they have an essential role to play in accelerating the business transition to a net-zero carbon economy. Investors can also leverage their influence to drive the boards and senior management of companies to take action to reduce GHG emissions across the value chain, consistent with the goals of the Paris Agreement.
Investors acting within the Corporate Engagement focus area have committed to supporting one or more of the following:
- The Climate Action 100+ initiative
- CDP’s Disclosure Request
- CDP’s Non-Disclosure Campaign
- CDP’s Science-Based Targets (SBT) Campaign
More information is provided below on these if you or your organization would like to learn more or to sign up.
Support the Climate Action 100+ initiative
Commit to supporting the Climate Action 100+ initiative with the aim of securing commitments from boards and senior management to:
- Implement a strong governance framework which clearly articulates the board’s accountability for and oversight of climate change risk and opportunities.
- Take action to reduce greenhouse gas emissions across their value chain, consistent with the Paris Agreement’s goal of limiting global average temperature increase to well below 2-degrees Celsius above pre-industrial levels.
- Provide enhanced corporate disclosure in line with the final recommendations of the Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD) and sector-specific Global Investor Coalition on Climate Change Investor Expectations on Climate Change (when applicable) to enable investors to assess the robustness of companies’ business plans against a range of climate scenarios, including well below 2-degrees Celsius scenarios, and to improve investment decision-making.
Support CDP’s Disclosure Request
Commit to supporting CDP’s Annual Disclosure Request, which promotes corporate transparency on environmental issues.Find out more & sign up
Support CDP’s Non-Disclosure Campaign
Commit to supporting CDP’s Non-Disclosure Campaign, which drives further corporate transparency on environmental issues, by actively targeting companies that do not disclose.Find out more & sign up
Support CDP’s Science-Based Targets (SBT) Campaign
Commit to supporting CDP’s Science-Based Targets (SBT) Campaign, where investor signatories have the opportunity to play a key role in accelerating the adoption of science-based climate targets in the corporate sector, by collaboratively engaging companies on this matter.
Science-based targets provide companies with a roadmap for reducing their emissions at the pace and scale that the science tells us is necessary for a 1.5°C world.
In driving the adoption of science-based emission reduction targets, investors can decarbonize their portfolios and mitigate climate-related risks to which they may be exposed.Find out more & sign up
For any questions, please email us at email@example.com